Get to Know Hutch
We sat down with Hutch just outside the Sugarbee Festival and had a chance to ask him a few questions. Find out what he said!
1. How did you start playing the banjo? Well, music is a family thing. I grew up around it, so I guess it just took. One day, I looked down, and there was a banjo in my hand. I haven’t put it down since.
2. Is it hard to learn an instrument? Just like with anything, it’s easier the more you do it. I think everyone should learn how to play something.
3. If you could have a superpower what would it be? I’d dig it if anytime someone listened to the magic between Estelle and me, that they’d be happy forever after that. Making people happy with music. I think that’d be a pretty sweet power to have.
4. Can you shoot your quills at bad guys? No, but don’t tell them that.
5. Can you use them for anything else besides protecting yourself and popping bubbles? We do a lot of outdoor grilling, so they come in handy when we are making kabobs.
6. Do you like having a big family? Yeah, especially since everyone in my family plays an instrument, there’s always someone around who wants to make music.